Are you ready for my big announcement? I wrote a book! I’m so excited to tell you all about it in today’s show. The Calm Pregnancy Workbook: Manage Anxiety and Worry with CBT and Mindfulness Techniques is out on May 4, and it’s available for preorder now!
The book is written in a relatable tone that will help you feel supported in your pregnancy journey. It’s full of usable tools to help deal with anxiety during pregnancy and over 60 skills that you can implement right away. Each chapter includes useful information, techniques, and coping strategies to ease anxiety during pregnancy and help you find peace and calm with proven therapeutic methods. The goal of the book is to help you feel guided and supported through pregnancy and the postpartum.
- Why the writing process was a new and fascinating experience for me
- Why the book is dedicated to my daughter, the one who has taken me on the growth journey into motherhood
- Why it was a big challenge to decide what to include and what to leave out of the book as I honed in on the basics
- How writing made me look at therapy from a different perspective as I slowed down and thought deeply about my work with my clients
- How the book’s nine chapters cover topics like intrusive thoughts, anxiety, pregnancy loss, high sensitivity, and skills for relaxation, meditation, and mindfulness
- Why information for partners is included, along with help for the postpartum period
- Why the writing process was a challenge with my perfectionist tendencies and high sensitivity
- How I used therapy and a coach-mentor to help me process “the stuff” that came up during the writing process
- How the Pomodoro technique helped me chunk the work into small tasks to get things done
- How I pulled out my woo-woo techniques to help me be more mindful and calm
- How writing the next book will be easier because of what I’ve learned through this experience
- Why writing a book has taught me so many things about myself
Preorder the book at West side Books: The Calm Pregnancy Workbook: Manage Anxiety and Worry with CBT and Mindfulness Techniques by Katayune Kaeni