As we approach the 3rd anniversary of the podcast in June, I’ve been doing lots of reflection about the journey we’ve taken and what we’ve accomplished. Your feedback has been vital in letting me know that the show has a positive impact and is meaningful to many people. The underlying message in everything we do is that no one is alone on their parenthood journey—and that message will continue.
- How the podcast was born out of my suffering and healing process with postpartum depression, anxiety, and OCD
- The reality: no one is immune from these postpartum problems—even a therapist like me
- Why normalizing postpartum mental health issues is important for every mom and dad
- How depression and anxiety lie to us in sneaky ways
- How you’ll try to bargain with yourself, convince yourself that nothing is wrong, and blame other stressors in your life
- Why depression screening questionnaires don’t’ always work, because we often refuse to come to terms with our condition
- How a connection to others with the same experience gives relief and validation
- How the healing process occurs over time
- How therapy, self-care, and connection to others can bring healing
- How I can look back now and see the risk factors that I overlooked
- What I would have done differently to prioritize my sleep
- The importance of prevention information to help prepare and educate new parents
- What’s coming up in June for the show: a slight change in format
Email us: email@example.com I’d love to hear from you!