Laura Fry is a wife and mother to 3 amazing kids. She is a former health care professional, turned stay at home mom after the birth of her first son. During that birth she suffered a 4th degree perineal tear and in January 2015 created a Facebook support group for others who have also sustained 4th degree tearing in childbirth. The group has grown to 1,200 members from all over the world, representing 6 continents and 33 countries. Laura is now using the knowledge she has gained from that support group to raise awareness of severe tearing and advocate for better care by using social media and speaking at conferences.
Please share your story
– How do you think this impacted your mental wellness
– Looking back, what do you think you needed at the time. What could have supported you better?
– How can health and mental health care providers do better?
– Hopeful messages for moms and families out there
– Share a bit about your work now.
Facebook support group – https://facebook.com/groups/1538075199800995
Instagram – @motherswith4thdegreetears
Twitter – @MothersWith4DTs