Pediatric chiropractic care is a healthcare field that most people know nothing about. Most of us don’t fully understand how amazing this level of support can be, even for newborn babies, and how it brings relief and confidence to weary and frazzled parents.
Dr. Sheena Lee is a family chiropractor serving babies, kids, pregnant moms, and growing families. She has extensive pediatric and prenatal training through the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association, and additional training to serve kids with neurodevelopmental challenges. In addition, she’s also a trained birth doula. Dr. Sheena is on a mission to elevate the consciousness of her community about what it means to be truly healthy from the inside out, what it means to make empowered choices, and what it means to feel deeply connected. Why? Because, as a teen, she struggled tremendously and felt disconnected from everyone, including herself, and even felt trapped in her own body. A visit to a chiropractor drastically changed things for Sheena, and she knows she was ultimately reconnected to her body and set free. Things have come full circle for her, as she’s now a chiropractor who is passionately concerned about caring for babies and children so they can thrive from the very beginning of their life, and not experience the same struggles that she did. Dr. Sheena practices at Vibrant Health Family Chiropractic in San Dimas, CA, a space dedicated to serving families so they can shine vibrantly from the inside out.
- How chiropractic care for babies and kids differs greatly from adult chiropractic, and covers immune suppression, growth/development, behavior, and symptoms such as reflux and colic
- Why these issues come down to stress and how the nervous system reacts
- For adjustments on babies and kids, only fingertip pressure is used, as the chiropractor still adjusts the spine, but doesn’t “crack” the bones
- Why special attention should be paid to the upper neck and lower back, because of how the baby was positioned in utero and how they came through the birth canal
- How Dr. Sheena also uses the Insight Nervous System scan to detect stress in a baby’s body
- Why Dr. Sheen emphasizes the gentle pressure of the adjustment, with no twisting or pressing
- Issues that can be addressed include ear infections, bedwetting, ADHD, sensory processing disorders, constipation, growing pains, etc.
- The youngest patients can be seen in the hospital–immediately after birth!
- Feeding issues, reflux, and colic are all related because they are connected by the nervous system, and pediatric chiropractic can address all three
- Why this treatment is a great source of relief for everyone, and can restore hope and lessen frustration
- How the adjustment of the spine can help with various areas of the body–again, because of the connection of the nervous system
- Why babies have the maximum growth and development of neurons from ages 6 months to 2 years
- Tips from Dr. Sheena:
- Trust your gut as a parent
- Get to the root of the problem early
- How treatments, follow-ups, and wellness checks work with Dr. Sheena
- How parents improve in confidence and feeling hopeful when baby improves
- The fascinating connection between tongue/lip tie and chiropractic treatment
- Symptoms of tongue/lip tie can be poor breastfeeding, colic, reflux, poor weight gain
- Most parents will see a lactation consultant and a pediatric dentist–when a pediatric chiropractor may have the answer
- How to find a pediatric chiropractor
- The specialized training that not all chiropractors have
- How chiropractic can help with sensory processing disorders, evidenced by colic and sleep issues, reflux and constipation, ear infections and respiratory infections, allergies and eczema, and motor and speech delays
- How things stack up with worsening symptoms until chiropractic treatment brings them back into balance
- Why chiropractic isn’t a one-time fix, but much relief can be found when it’s used to maintain wellness
http://www.getvibranthealth.com Check out Dr. Sheena’s website and her free webinars
Find her on Instagram and Facebook: @DrSheenaLee and San Dimas Chiropractor
http://www.icpa4kids.org Find a pediatric chiropractor near you